my Mac version 1.3.5 thinks is a classic application
Agustin Diez Castillo
2008-05-06 15:53:32 UTC
My gui Mac, version 1.3.5, thinks that it is a classic application.
I've tried in two different machines (one PPC and 10.4 and other intel
and 10.5), using an older gui (from the beta) it recognise the binary
as 1.3.5.
s***@pacbell.net
2008-05-06 18:30:30 UTC
I had the same thing happen when I did the transfer yesterday.

The 1.3.5 Mac GUI version bundled with yesterday's post is a Classic
app and doesn't want to run under OS X (in fact, I couldn't even get
it to run under Classic!)

If you have the "newer" version of GPSBabel+ 2.1f20070716, just
substitute the "gpsbabel" binary (Unix Executable File -- Universal)
for the one you may have had before.

Old gpsbabel: created/modified Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 (2378772 bytes)
New gpsbabel: created/modified May 4, 2008 (2434984 bytes)

The newest changes are no doubt in the binary -- NOT in the GUI.

Stan
Post by Agustin Diez Castillo
My gui Mac, version 1.3.5, thinks that it is a classic application.
I've tried in two different machines (one PPC and 10.4 and other intel
and 10.5), using an older gui (from the beta) it recognise the binary
as 1.3.5.
Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save
$100.
Use priority code J8TL2D2.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://
java.sun.com/javaone
Robert Lipe
2008-05-06 20:04:25 UTC
Post by s***@pacbell.net
The 1.3.5 Mac GUI version bundled with yesterday's post is a Classic
app and doesn't want to run under OS X (in fact, I couldn't even get
Actually, it's a Carbon app with a mangled resource fork. Download today's
version and you're good to go.
Post by s***@pacbell.net
it to run under Classic!)
I'm Intel and Leopard. I don't do Classic.
Post by s***@pacbell.net
If you have the "newer" version of GPSBabel+ 2.1f20070716, just
substitute the "gpsbabel" binary (Unix Executable File -- Universal)
for the one you may have had before.
If you do this (and as of about an hour ago, there's not really a good
reason to)
please be sure to disclose this when filing any bug report just so we know
you're
on an "unofficial' combination.
Post by s***@pacbell.net
Old gpsbabel: created/modified Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 (2378772 bytes)
New gpsbabel: created/modified May 4, 2008 (2434984 bytes)
The newest changes are no doubt in the binary -- NOT in the GUI.
Right. The Mac GUI hasn't been (intentionally) changed since last August or
so.

RJL
Karl Smith
2008-05-07 01:47:50 UTC
Post by Robert Lipe
Right. The Mac GUI hasn't been (intentionally) changed since last
August or so.
Mac GUI developer chiming in here...

Is there any call for changes? I'd be glad to oblige.

Karl
Robert Lipe
2008-05-07 02:22:44 UTC
Post by Karl Smith
Post by Robert Lipe
Right. The Mac GUI hasn't been (intentionally) changed since last
August or so.
Mac GUI developer chiming in here...
Is there any call for changes? I'd be glad to oblige.
I think the GUI is holding water perfectly, Karl. Thanx for piping in.

I simply screwed up when I "improved" the automation after the recent beta
and made the
mistake of copying a file. The size and checksum was the same, so there was
"obviously"
no damage. Unfortunately, the contents of the resource fork were lost which
meant the icon
and some other key info got lost in that. I didn't retest because nothing
had changed - they
were the same size and byte-by-byte identical in my testing.

Resource forks have to be the biggest head-game in OS/X to users of other
OSes...
s***@pacbell.net
2008-05-07 06:42:36 UTC
Nope --

Tastes less filling! Works great!!

No changes needed that I can find...

Stan
Karl
Robert Lipe
2008-05-06 19:20:26 UTC
Post by Agustin Diez Castillo
My gui Mac, version 1.3.5, thinks that it is a classic application.
I've tried in two different machines (one PPC and 10.4 and other intel
Thanx for the report.

One of my least favorite features of Mac/OS is resource forks. Copying a
file that results in the "same" size and checksum doesn't really mean you've
copied the file. We'd lost the resource fork in the GUI.

I've uploaded a "new" version which is actually the GUI that's been in our
beta and in 1.3.4 repackaged with the GPSBabel executable built on the
fourth. I wonder how many of the other 351 people that downloaded it
noticed...

RJL